Gotcha!

So this post is named Gotcha! for good reason. About three weeks ago I wrote a post detailing why I had not written for most of July. I was going to write everyday after that. As you can see, that didn't happen (Unless your some kinda of time traveling cyborg that is reading this blog long after it's contents have been written). My life has been pretty crazy, and I  know that's always the excuse I always have, but come on, it's always true! I could ramble on about how I got a promotion at work and that would really be where all my time has been going, and that's all true, but on the other hand I think I really just needed a break from all this. I took a bit of last month off and pretty much all of August. This writing thing is really daunting, you know? Trying to blog everyday, come up with clever things to say, keep interesting conversation, start a real writing career. It's a big load to bear. You could say I cracked under a little pressure. I wouldn't say that thought. I think I just needed a break.

Hopefully this is no lie this time. I'm back and I want to write. First step in the writing train, get some portable means of writing. At one point I bought a laptop, but returned it due to technical difficulties. Now I have settled on getting a tablet. I ordered a Nexus 7 today. A bit of risk, but I hope to enjoy it. A laptop seems like it would be a better choice for word processing, but the tablet seems to dominating the mobile market and I wanted the sleek new pretty thing. I'm planning on taking a trip soon and the tablet is going to come in quite handy on that, but more on that in a moment. Some might think it crazy to try and use a tablet to keep up with a blog, but I'm going to give it a try (heck I got a promotion at work remember, I can afford it.) If I need to end up getting a laptop I will do that, and I still have a desktop as a old stand by.

Speaking of my desktop, I have been quite busy on it. Not blogging obviously, although I should have been, I have been making podcasts and recording game footage . Hopefully you all got to listen to our first podcast (if that's your thing). As you can tell the podcast right now is only on YouTube. I have been working on trying to get it hosted so you can listen to it through a rss feed or iTunes, but that is a lot harder than it would seem. Right now our second episode is on YouTube and I'll post the video so you all can listen to it. It's a heck of a lot better than the first. We have recorded two other episodes and I'll try and get them online as soon as I can so you all can enjoy them, they are coming along quite well.

So about that trip I mentioned. As some of you know I got promoted at work to manager. For those of you who don't know I work for Gamestop. I have always tried to keep work and this blog separate. And I will continue to do so, but the news is because of my new manager status I get to attend the annual Gamestop manager's conference. It's no secret that this exists, there is even a public portion open to Gamestop customers this year, but I don't want to say anything I'm not supposed to. All I will say is that I'm going for a week and I'm going to try and talk about/ relay all the information I can back to you guys. From what I understand it's like a mini E3. So I should be playing all the upcoming games and demoing some pretty cool stuff. Anything and everything that I'm allowed to speak openly about I will, so hopefully next week will be exciting for the both of us. I'm going to bring my trusty new tablet, and have a good old time.

For now I'll leave you yet again with a podcast. If you want to stay super up to date with the podcasting make sure to subscribe to our channel. Also I'll continue to post them here for your convenience.
Cheers for now!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

PrE3 - What we know and predictions

TumbleSeed - Paxpresions

30 Day Videogame Challenge